A nice compilation of AI market stats and predictions, including hardware AI accelerators:
- McKinsey & Co survey: total investments in AI development grew 3x from 2013 to 2016, with tech giants investing $20 – $30 B
- Linley projects data-center-oriented AI accelerator market reaching $12 B by 2022
- Linley estimates 1.7 B machine-learning client devices by 2022
- Tractica estimates AI-driven consumer services growing from $1.9 B in 2016 to $2.7 B by end of 2017 .
- Tractica estimates the entire AI market – including hardware, software, services – reaching $42.1 B by 2025
- Transparency Market Research predicts machine-learning-as-a-service growing from $1.07 B in 2016 to $19.9 B by 2025. 73% of ML-as-a-service is currently owned by Amazon, IBM and Microsoft